Appomattox Regional Governor’s School
for the arts & technology
512 W. Washington St, 23803 | P:804-722-0200 F:804-722-0201
Technology extends communications and empowers individuals in a positive global environment. We at the Appomattox Regional Governor’s School strive to integrate technology and curriculum to utilize technology and curriculum to utilize technology as an instructional strategy and tool.
Our mission is to challenge students with individualized learning to develop independent and self-directed learning habits in order to excel in our information driven society. Our commitment to technology will be leveraged in our support of ARGS student, faculty, and community.
- Create a state-of-the-art, advanced, and groundbreaking program of technology for high school students that will be modeled after nationally-ranked and renowned engineering colleges/universities’ programs
- Build and strengthen a student’s technological foundation through in-depth exposure to technological, computer programming, and engineering concepts, processes, and theories, so a student will be able to successfully pursue his/her chosen post-secondary technological experience.
- Provide a classroom environment that meets individual needs, as necessary, while maintaining a level of excellence, pace, and depth appropriate for gifted learners.
- Support all levels of gifted learners who require or desire advanced work in engineering and/or computer programming with one-to-one mentoring.
- Instill students with an understanding that self-discipline, individual responsibility, respect for oneself and others, and self-motivation will enable them to be more successful in a professional working environment.
||AP Computer Science Principles, AP Computer Science A, Applied Programming, Applied Statistics, Intro to Engineering, Adv. Engineering
||Technology I, Engineering Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Robotics, Computer Application
Copyright © 2013 Appomattox Regional Governor's School