Appomattox Regional Governor’s School
for the arts & technology
512 W. Washington St, 23803 | P:804-722-0200 F:804-722-0201
- Provide for the development of artistically, academically, and technologically gifted students.
- Provide a rich blend of intellectual and aesthetic experiences in specially equipped classrooms, laboratories and studios.
- Students will participate in apprenticeships, internships and mentorship experiences with practicing professionals in a variety of fields in the arts and technology.
- Create a unique learning community, the school uses both the arts and technologies as vehicles for exploration, expression and creative problem solving.
- The curriculum is balanced and includes music, dance, drama/theater, creative writing, visual media, and technical arts.
- The curriculum is skilled based, sequential, multicultural, interdisciplinary and rigorous.
- The school is student-centered and guarantees access, equity success for all students while maintaining differentiated level of instruction for students with talent and motivation.
- The ARGS Orchestra consistently earns Superior ratings at VBODA District 3 Orchestra Assessments
- The ARGS Concert Choir and Treble Ensemble consistently earn Excellent to Superior ratings at the District 3 Choral Assessments
- Pieces of the Puzzle, the advanced Jazz Essemble placed in the top three bands at Berklee College Jazz Festival, including two vocalist ranked in the top ten nationally
- ARGS choral students consistently earn placements in VCDA District Choirs, and ALL-VA Chorus
- ARGS instrumental students consistently place in Central Regional Orchestra, District Band, and All-VA Band
- ARGS Music Department provides cultural outreach to several community partners in the Tri-Cities Area
- ARGS Music students consistently win scholarships in the Omega Phi Psi annual Talent Hunt
||Orchestra S, Orchestra Interim S, Advanced Orchestra I S, II S, Orchestra W, Orchestra Interim W, Advanced Orchestra I W, II W, Music Theory
||Music Recording Tech. I, II
||Applied Voice I, II, III, Concert Choir I, II, III, IV, Advanced Treble Ensemble
||Piano (non-majors), Piano Masters I, II, III, IV, Music History, Audition Prep
Copyright © 2013 Appomattox Regional Governor's School