Appomattox Regional Governor’s School
for the arts & technology
512 W. Washington St, 23803 | P:804-722-0200 F:804-722-0201
The ARGS Mathematics Department strives to:
- Build and strengthen a student’s mathematical foundation through exposure to mathematical concepts, processes, and theories, so he/she will be able to successfully pursue his/her chosen post-secondary experience.
- Maximize a student’s testing potential at the high school, collegiate, post-secondary, state and national levels (e.g., Virginia SOL, PSAT, SAT, college placement tests, career placement).
- Provide a classroom environment that meets individual needs, as necessary, while maintaining a level of excellence, pace, and depth appropriate for gifted learners.
- Provide students with advanced problem-solving and critical thinking skills that will enable them to solve not only mathematical problems but also solve everyday problems using a systematic and logical process.
- Develop a student’s appreciation for mathematics, including an understanding of how mathematics is used in other academic and focus areas.
||Algebra II, Geometry, Pre-Calculus, Peer Tutoring
||Pre-Calculus, Pre-Calculus H, Calculus, Math Independent Project
||AP Computer Science Principles, AP Computer Science A, Applied Programming, Applied StatisticsIntroduction to Engineering, Advanced Engineering
||Physics, Algebra II, Algebra II/Trig H, Senior Design
Copyright © 2013 Appomattox Regional Governor's School