Typical Adjudication time: 2.5 hours in groups
• Auditions will be held in a dance class format. Students will take a ballet barre with center practice and learn modern dance
movement phrases. Students will also work with improvisational dance exercises.
• Bring a full body photograph (4X6 or 5X7) of yourself in dance attire, posed in first arabesque. Photographs will remain with
• All students should wear audition attire. Ladies: leotard and convertible tights. Gentlemen: fitted T-shirt, sweat pants or
convertible tights. Wear no jewelry. Hair should be pulled away from the face and secured.
• Appropriate footwear: Ballet technique shoes for the first section of class; bare feet required for the modern work. Students
with pointe experience may choose to wear pointe shoes for the optional solo demonstration.
• A brief individual interview will follow the audition class.
• Optional: Students may choose to present a 2-minute solo demonstration dance. Please prepare a ballet, modern, jazz, or world dance-form piece. Have your music on CD or on an MP3 device. Sound equipment will be provided.
Copyright © 2013 Appomattox Regional Governor's School